Head of Compliance
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Director - Control, Risk & Compliance
We are looking to hire a Director for our Control, Risk and Compliance team.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and joining a world-class team, this role offers a rare opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing UK tech companies.
Being right at the heart of the efforts to help Deliveroo continuously improve our responses to risk, we are looking for a unique candidate who has a passion for processes, systems and controls, in particular, partnering with stakeholders to transform these, ensuring that Deliveroo is a finely-tuned execution machine.
What you would be doing
This is a Global role, operating from HQ, which would involve a wide-range of risk, control and compliance-related activity, including:
- Managing the Day-to-day operations of our Risk, Compliance and Control team
- Directing Control design and implementation
- Root cause analysis and investigations
- Policy creation
- Compliance training
- Liaising with external auditors
- Process mapping training & support
- Risk identification
- Management and maintenance of the Risk Register
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Experienced at working in (or with) fast-paced organisations
- 7+ years experience in Compliance, Risk and Controls
- Demonstrated experience managing a team
- Strong ability to understand and manipulate data sets
- Demonstrate a practical, innovative, and pragmatic approach to mitigating risk
- Flexible, adaptable, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Able to influence and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Qualified accountant with experience conducting and managing audits of large and complex listed entities
- Have proven expertise in evaluating risks and designing controls in accordance with the COSO Enterprise Risk Management and Integrated Control frameworks
We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Workplace and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.