Kitchen Assistant - Wandsworth
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are growing our Deliveroo Editions family and we are looking for the right person to join our team.
Delivery-only kitchens have never been higher profile, or more valuable for improving service and selection for customers. The future is even more exciting: bigger brands are joining us, we are expanding locations and markets, and finding new ways to add value and reshape the food delivery landscape. Deliveroo Editions were the world's first delivery-only kitchens, and we are still the market leaders in helping our restaurant partners succeed.
The Kitchen Assistant role covers a wide range of tasks across the Editions site. You will ensure that the site is clean You will support the wider operation of the site to ensure that our customers receive the best quality food as quickly as possible from our partners. You will report into the Site Manager and their Assistant.
An important part of this role surrounds your ability to support in different areas when required to ensure the site performs to the expected standard. There is also the opportunity for further training and development within other aspects of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the cleanliness of the site is maintained to a high standard by cleaning as you go throughout the shift as well as regular deep cleaning of various equipment throughout the week
- Working alongside the Site Manager and Assistant Manager
- Opening and closing responsibilities to ensure that the site is safe, secure, clean, maintained and supplies are replenished
- Regular checks of the site with any safety or maintenance concerns flagged to the Management Team
- Run food from our partners to the dispatch area
- Help with the dispatching of orders to the riders
- Cleaning external areas, toilets and general areas
- Trained to Food Safety L2 ideal (training provided)
- First Aid training ideal (training provided)
- Fire Marshal training ideal (training provided)
- Free food and LOTS of it
- Access to Deliveroo Plus (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Life assurance
- Access to discounts in other Companies
- Employee assistance programme
- An extremely fun team to work with!
- Abundance of great online learning courses delivered by global universities
- Great progression scheme within the company.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, as they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, aiming to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is an experience with (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.