Business Development Manager, UK. Deliveroo Media & Ecommerce
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a Business Development Manager, to join the sales team of Deliveroo Media & Ecommerce. The role will be based in our HQ in London (with flexible, hybrid working) and will report to the Global Offline Media Lead.
Deliveroo Media & eCommerce (DME) is the 3rd party retail media, sampling and eCommerce marketing solution for consumer brands wanting to drive more demand on the Deliveroo platforms. We partner with leading global consumer brands to help them improve their advertising reach, product trial and sales conversions.
You will improve share of wallet with our mid-market FMCG advertisers, selling the full suite of services that comprises Digital Advertising (in-app, web, social, e-mail), Data Licences, and Sampling, and any new products being developed. You will be a commercially astute business development manager, with experience in digital media and (enterprise) account management to some extent.
What you'll be doing:
- Prospect, pitch and close deals
- Own the full transactional sales cycle with potential FMCG and agency partners, proposing the full suite of DME services that achieve the partner's KPIs and goals
- Maintain organisation of your revenue opportunity pipeline as to ensure accurate and reliable revenue forecasting
- Hand over closed deals to the fulfilment operations team following standards and specifications as to ensure seamless and efficient fulfilment
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the Deliveroo Media & Ecommerce toolkit to quickly identify new strategic opportunities for revenue generation
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years experience in sales or business development
- Sales or business development in FMCG or media agency is a plus
- Track-record in meeting and exceeding revenue targets
- Can build relationships quickly over email/phone/VC channels/face-to-face
- Manage a high volume high velocity pipeline
- Communicate product benefits and close deals
- Independently negotiate commercial terms in-the-moment within boundaries set by management
- Help create a working environment that is stable, safe, inclusive, supportive and enjoyable to work in
- Work as an individual contributor and team member
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer multiple benefits in areas including healthcare, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.