Corporate Tax Senior Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Corporate Tax Senior Manager
An exciting opportunity to join the Tax Team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business, supporting the expansion of its operation and activities. This position will play a critical role in ensuring the Group’s UK tax considerations are accurately and proactively managed, operational opportunities are identified and evaluated and, will support the Head of Direct Taxes in executing the tax strategy as well as supporting the business in its ongoing growth.
What you'll be doing:
- Management of the Group’s Tax reporting requirements
- Provide a review function for externally prepared local tax compliance, including liaising with the relevant group finance country leads
- Management and development of junior team members
- Driving delivery of an optimal corporate structure and operating model
- Proactive business engagement to identify and manage international risks, including evaluating and communicating changes in relevant international tax law
- Day to day management and responsibility of international tax issues arising in the Group
- Assisting the wider team with operational transfer pricing matters and compliance
- Ensuring tax efficient financing of operations and, cash repatriation
- Assisting the Global mobility team with tax aspects of international people queries
- Managing local direct tax audits with support from the Head of Direct Taxes
- Assisting with UK Senior Accounting Officer processes and management of direct tax risk and controls matrix and tax governance.
- Previous experience of an ‘in-house’ role an advantage but not critical
- Can operate in an entrepreneurial operation undergoing tremendous growth and meet the challenges that creates in a positive and efficient manner
- Can maintain project management on multiple strategic initiatives
- A desire and aptitude for engaging with the business, actively growing an internal network and leveraging that to provide real value add activity
- Ability to work both effectively within a team and alone
- Great communicator across multiple business areas and levels
- Excellent attention to detail, good judgement showing logical data-based decision making, and a hands-on approach
- Drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, managing multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) whilst retaining integrity and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- CTA/ADiT qualified (or equivalent) preferred but not essential
- Ability to work with staff members around the world to build effective working relationships at all levels
- Motivation and strong self-direction, with a structured and methodical approach to achieving results in a relatively informal and challenging business environment
- Highly numerate
- Strong presentation skills
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.