Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Millions of people globally trust finder.com to help them make better personal finance decisions. We’re looking for a Finance Manager to join the UK’s fastest-growing comparison site to oversee all aspects of our UK operations finances as part of a global group.
This is your opportunity to join finder.com as our UK Finance Manager. We are part of a global group helping six million people make better financial decisions every month. The UK business has been operating for five years and employs 30 crew. We were founded in Australia in 2006 and now employ 400+ people worldwide.
We strive to provide an excellent employee experience and recently won 4 UK Employee Experience 2022 Awards (Best Place to Work, Health & Wellbeing, Reward & Recognition, Learning & Development).
Who you are:
To succeed in this role you will have proven experience in accounting, analytical skills and a “can do” attitude. You are a great team player, driven by values and ready for continuous learning and development.
You will be overseeing the finance department in the UK and will ensure the accuracy of invoicing and accounting processes, provide financial information to the Country CEO, Group CFO and Group Financial Controller as well as deep dive analysis of financial performance on an ongoing basis.
This role aims to ensure Finder UK meets all its accounting, tax and financial reporting requirements.
- Line management of Accounting Specialist.
- Accurate and timely reporting of financial results for monthly business review meetings (MBR), including commentary
- Ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and ready for year-end closing
- Reviewing receivables to ensure they remain current and that any overdue balances are rectified promptly, with assistance from client managers.
- Ensuring that budgets and forecasts are accurate and realistic and prepared in a timely manner with monthly updates throughout the year
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller with the annual global audit and overseeing the UK local audit.
- Timely tax filings in liaison with an external tax accountant
- Overlooking Intercompany charges, client invoicing, staff expenses and supplier payments
- Processing payroll, auto-enrolment admin and year-end payroll returns
- FCA earning report filings.
- Ensuring processes are followed, controls are in place, and existing processes are improved.
- Maximizing working capital, available cash flow and updating the monthly cash flow forecast.
Skills & Experience:
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a wide range of skills.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA with 2 - 4 years post qualified experience.
- Highly motivated team player.
- High standard of integrity and accuracy of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Google Sheets and Excel.
- Digital Media experience an advantage.
- Netsuite experience is an advantage.
- FCA experience is an advantage.
- Cool office next to Borough Market: 20 St Thomas Street, London Bridge
- Free daily lunch (Just Eat), breakfast, fruit, snacks & coffee
- Friday drinks at 4:30pm & other regular socials events
- High-end spec workstation including Aeron Chair, 27in screen & Macbook Pro
- Flexible training budget plus regular in-house masterclasses
- Flexibility in when and where you can work
- Up to 38 days leave (25 holiday + 5 life leave + 8 public)
- 18 weeks of paid Parental Leave for both primary & secondary carers
- Participation in our Finder Equity Plan (share options)
- Pension contributions are calculated on the entire salary
How to apply:
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Shoot through your resume and cover letter to introduce yourself. We want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a fit for our team.
To deliver products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email email@example.com with any questions or feedback.
This role would suit a; Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Management Accountant, Bookkeeper, Finance Officer, Financial Controller.