Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
A vacancy has arisen for a Technician, Grade A with Freightliner Ltd at our Ipswich depot. Working within a safety critical environment this role involves working to maintain all class types of locomotives.
- To adhere and comply with all company safety standards, to ensure a safe working environment
- Organise and carry out the company’s programme of engineering examinations, maintenance events, fault finding, diagnostic checking and repairs of company assets.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive recording of maintenance and defect / repair information to ensure company records are completed and kept up to date in accordance with legislative requirements and company instructions.
- Take the lead role in absence of a Manager/Supervisor
- An understanding of Health and Safety at Work and a commitment to safe working practices
- To be time served or have a minimum NVQ level 3 in an engineering discipline
- Ideally possess proven fault finding skills
- An understanding of Microsoft packages
- Ability to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to work and duties
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of knowledge of electrical engineering systems
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering systems
- Competent on assessing asset condition
- Capable of carrying out repairs and maintenance
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics
It is essential that the successful candidate has the ability to work as part of a team and has a flexible approach to working times and duties.
Please note that this post is subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team