Intermodal Service Delivery Associate
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
- To control and administer the day to day interface between G&W Intermodal UK and the Customer.
- Acting as the first focal point for the customer for all matters relating to Freightliner and Pentalver and ensuring that we meet the local operational needs to deliver the customer requirements.
- Relevant communication with the customer, the route team and the Service Delivery Manager.
- To administer contracts and push to ensure maximum fill.
- Push for additional work across the G&W business to maximise business across road, rail and terminals.
- To receive and process all bookings from the customer to an agreed specification and within the agreed timescales.
- To liaise with the customer and G&W offices at all levels as required, ensuring a professional approach and image is maintained.
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with all departments within G&W and the customer.
- To manage the day-to-day activities of the customer, in conjunction with the requirements of the Service Delivery Team and in line with Company standards and available services advising the customer where necessary.
- To manage and achieve business targets as agreed with your Service Delivery Manager.
- To proactively maximise all sales opportunities available from the customer base, considering future strategic planning and opportunities identifying future trends in traffic and any relevant new business ensuring this information is shared with relevant G&W personnel.
- Work in conjunction with the Commercial department and the Resource Managers maximise volume and utilisation.
- To maintain high standards of customer care at all times and deliver effective communications, within agreed timescales as discussed with your Service Delivery Manager.
- To provide effective and informative information between both the customer and G&W, which may affect either party.
- To work in conjunction with the Shared Service Centre to ensure that all revenue earned is accurately and timely invoiced ensuring all movements are rated as per the agreed tariff, whilst raising additional charges where necessary and processing claims/administration as required.
- To develop and maintain an understanding of the key performance indicators and actively work to bring them in line with company expectations.
- To ensure the integrity of both customer and G&W IT systems is maintained where appropriate.
- To undertake any other appropriate tasks commensurate with your skills as directed by your Service Delivery Manager and provide cover in accounts as necessary.
- To provide weekly/daily/periodic reports detailing specific information as directed by your Service Delivery Manager.
- Always keep the safety of yourself and those around you as a priority.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team