Competency Development Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
A vacancy has arisen for a Competence Development Specialist in Mendip. Reporting to the Deputy General Manager you will contribute to the achievement of the day-to-day running of UK rail operations. You will be responsible for the competence monitoring, development and assessment of the rail operations team (principally train drivers), in order to meet the on-going business requirements. There is a requirement to undertake an on-call commitment with this role.
- Deliver the highest standards in connection with the company driver assessment process, and in line with business requirements at all times.
- Ensure that your drivers are provided with timely training and continuous development in order to meet all competencies and standards.
- Ensure that delivery of the assessment plan to strict timescales with emphasis on continuous improvement, to meet all competencies and standards.
- Ensure all records in relation to competence assessment process is completed correctly and acted upon as and when required.
- Ensure all driver Instructors and mentor Drivers are trained, briefed, and equipped to undertake all tasks associated with their roles.
- Take proactive steps to retain personal train driving competences and compliance with appropriate internal and external “Group” standards in order to carry out this role.
- Maintain related competence records, certification, and route knowledge within EDS. Review EDS to ensure all staff are within competence.
- Undertake investigations using Root Cause Analysis, and to download and interpret Qtron data recorder information.
Competencies / Qualifications:
- Thorough understanding of the principles of safe and efficient railway operation including but not limited to the application of operating instruction, policies, procedures, rule book, railways standards;
- Competent and medically capable of driving trains, with at least 5 years’ recent practical experience;
- Hold industry standard training/ Level 3 & Level 4 NVQ Assessing;
- Good IT knowledge e.g. Microsoft packages, and ability to use and interpret data sourced from job-related software (e.g. TOPS/ ERIC/ Qtron).
- Ability to write concise, factual-based reports to laid down standards, and with the ability to make clear recommendations based on factual evidence.
- Diligent and self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and effective people management skills;
- Hold a full UK driving licence;
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team