LGV Driver Days
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
1. Undertake all roadworthy checks of Vehicles and Trailers as contained within the Rulebook for Motor Drivers.
2. In accordance with Company policy ensure that vehicles are driven with due care and attention when in the Terminal or on the Public Highway ensuring that by means of correct driving the maximum possible economy is achieved.
3. Responsible for the safety of the load and the vehicle at all times and ensuring that where parked off site, the necessary security/safety requirements are met.
4.Responsible for the prompt collection/delivery of containers to the designated point.
5. Responsible for the prompt submission of all relevant details regarding damage to Company property or customers property or of accidents involving the general public in accordance with the Drivers Rulebook.
6. Responsible for the prompt advice to the Road Services Office if delays occur during the loading/unloading of containers in order that associated costs of delays can be forwarded to the Customer.
7.Responsible for all collection/delivery documentation ensuring that relevant signatures/Company stamp are clearly marked including your time in and time out are properly recoded.
8. Maintain and record tachograph discs and any other relevant logs, in
accordance with legal and Company requirements.
9. Ensure that at all times when with customers, the correct Company image is projected, and you adhere to the grooming policy in the Drivers Rule book.
10. Complete non-traditional Freightliner work using various trailer types where full training will be given where appropriate, see Drivers Rule Book
11. Roping and sheeting of loads to the required loading standard as laid down in the Loading Standards Manual.
12.You are expected to keep you assigned vehicle clean, tidy and odour free (smoking is strictly banned in all Freightliner trucks), no stickers or adornments other than those supplied by Freightliner are to be affixed or displayed on/in any part of a truck, for example name plates, dream catchers, flags etc.
13.Occasional nights away from home should be expected for which a Night out allowance will be paid
14.Compliance with the Rulebook for Motor Drivers as issued by Freightliner Ltd.
15.Attendance of mandatory and vocational training as required.
16.Perform any other duties as directed by your Line Manager as the
Business requires, commensurate with your competency and abilities.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team