Fleet Service Quality Engineer
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Not Specified
Great opportunity to recruit a Fleet Service Quality Engineer (ASE2 All Shift) based at Littlehampton
About the role:-
Are you able to work in a small mobile team of skilled engineers covering light maintenance repairs across all GTR train fleets. Consistently deliver high levels of train interior light maintenance and toilet availability as directed by the Fleet Interiors Engineering Manager to a required standard and specification. To support delivery of franchise objectives, especially Passenger Experience Measure (PEM - QuEST & NRPS) annual targets.
Key success criteria (Expected Outcomes)
- Delivery of PEM (QuEST & NRPS) annual targets for Trains across all GTR Brands (Southern, Gatwick Express, Thameslink and Great Northern).
- Carry out light repair work and routine maintenance to vehicle specification and in line with the QuEST auditor handbook.
- Safe delivery of all necessary Train Presentation engineering light maintenance activities (including sanding and seasonal plans as required).
- Best in Class levels for fleet interior repair standards (including toilets).
- Timely and accurate collection of data, completion of paperwork and recording of actions relating to tasks carried out.
- Carry out vehicle repairs, routine maintenance or component changes arising from examinations complying with H&S policies, procedures and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge:-
- Minimum two years' experience in maintaining/cleaning fleet rolling stock or served in a recognised electrical/mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Training/understanding of electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- A sound knowledge of GTR policies and procedures.
- A sound knowledge of Health & Safety requirements, rules, instructions including COSHH.
- Full UK driving license
If you have the following skills we would love to hear from you:-
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, orally and written across all grades.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and meet deadlines working in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a small team, often without direct supervision.
- Work safely, accurately and in a timely manner under pressure.
- Reasonable IT skills and training on bespoke business systems such as XV Plus/Clean.
- Interpretation of procedures and ability to compile reports.
- Strong in pro-active working and problem solving, analyse and make decisions confidently.
Full JD attached.