Customer Service Assistant - Gates & Platform
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Job Type: Not Specified
Are you passionate about delivering outstanding customer service?
Do you enjoy helping people?
This is your opportunity, as you will often be the first and last person our customers will meet on their journey and it is therefore a vital role for making our customers' day!
Key to your role, at all times, is being visible and anticipating the needs of the customer to meet their expectations.
Within these roles you can do just that. You will be responsible for:
- Assisting passengers with tickets, including checking them, general advice and making sure the gates work.
- Providing the highest possible standard of advice, information and service to our customers
- Delivering a safe, attractive retail station environment, with general cleaning, de-icing
- Participating in the safe running of trains and a safe station environment by complying with procedures
- Promoting all relevant marketing literature and useful information
Due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the first shift and work your last shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
This role will involve standing for long periods of time, working weekends and bank holidays.
Platform based roles are safety critical due to the direct involvement with the operational railway.
Experience / Skills
- A proactive customer approach coupled with passion and ability to support the team.
- Exceptional levels of customer service, each and every time – you will be a role model for others to follow.
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments.
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments.
- Live in the local area to be able to get to and work and home.
- Able to make decisions in a customer focused manner and carry out instructions effectively.
In return, you'll be rewarded with an interesting and varied work schedule, in an environment where learning and progression is actively encouraged. You'll enjoy great company and industry benefits, as well as the support of a passionate team. Along with comprehensive and ongoing training, your benefits will include free travel on our network, privilege rate oyster card, up to 75% off travel on other TOCs (train operating companies), final salary pension and much more.