Assistant Service Engineer Level 1
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
We are currently recruiting for Assistant Service Engineer, to join our already successful Fleet teams. This is a great opportunity to join our award-winning fleet engineering team and support thr great work we do. Our engineers are constantly supported in their competences and training, so that we produce excellent work. The size of our train fleet requires a complex engineering support organisation to control activities such as maintenance, engineering support and safety.
What we can offer you:
- Final salary pension
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups (family included for leisure)
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies (family included)
- Benefits package
What do we need from you:
Key Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Steam clean pit roads as directed.
* Carry out general housekeeping duties around the Depot.
* Cover messenger post as and when required
* Clean/sweep mess rooms and toilets on a regular basis.
* Assist as required
* Ability to pass folk lift licence
* Have full UK driving licence
*Be physically fit and able to pass a medical to Engineering standard.
Please see the attached job description for full information on the role.