GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Are you an experienced Payroll Administrator? if so we would love to hear from you
We are looking for someone who can administer the effective provision of Payroll related functions for Southern employees and assist with the efficient and effective guide of relevant administrative procedures.
You will be:-
- Responsible for the timely input of Payroll data in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment and agreed deadlines and ensuring that documentation is correctly authorised.
- Checking the reports produced by the time and attendance systems.
- Dealing with pay queries and taking appropriate actions to ensure that the query is resolved.
- Provide earnings related information to authorised 3rd parties and obtaining the written consent of the person, where appropriate.
- Ensuring that payments for Company and Statutory Maternity, Paternity and Sick Pay are processed correctly and are compliant with HMRC legislation.
- Administration of HMRC documentation (i.e, New Starter Declarations, P45's, P6's tax amendments), Court Orders and other government documentation and ensuring that they are correctly updated onto Oracle.
- Responsible for administration of sick pay in accordance with Southern's sick pay arrangements. Monitor and entry of SSP where necessary and issue SSP1 forms where appropriate.
- Monitoring staff who are on long term sickness and ensuring that Company sick pay procedures are complied with.
- Amendments of Bank/Building Society details on the Oracle Payroll System on written advice from employees.
(Level of education, vocational training)
Detailed knowledge current HMRC legislation.
Oracle E-business Suite Payroll, with OTL desirable
(Particular abilities essential for the post)
Methodical with attention to detail.
Able to work under pressure.
Process driven, especially to deadlines
Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written.
Problem Solving ability
Will have worked in a Payroll Department in a roster/timesheet based environment.
Experience of dealing with complex Payroll queries.
Experience of Company Maternity Plans, Childcare vouchers and other employee benefits.
Communication and Working Relationships
Working with employees at all levels, including department heads to ensure that all payments are processed
accurately and on time.
Effective liaison with all outside agencies, statutory bodies (e.g. HMRC, Child Support Agency and Mortgage
Providers) in respect of all Payroll issues.