Station Assistant - West Hampstead
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Not Specified
Do you have a passion for customer service?
Do you enjoy helping people?
As a Station Assistant you will be passionate about delivering outstanding customer service each and every time. You will often be the first point of contact our customers will meet on their journey and it is therefore a vital role for making our customers' day!
These roles cover 24 hour operation, so due to the shift times you must live in the local area and have available independent transport to ensure that you arrive at the station for the early shift as required as there may not always be a train service available.
All stations based roles may involve standing for long periods of time and working shifts including weekends, nights and bank holidays.
Platform based roles are safety critical due to the direct involvement with the operational railway.
You will be responsible for keeping customers informed on any changes to their route to make sure that they are receiving the best service possible. On a day to day basis you will be also dispatching the trains, ensuring that all display posters are accurate and making sure all areas of the business is clean and tidy.
You will be also be responsible for keeping the station operational and assisting customers where necessary.
Experience / Skills / Requirements
- A proactive approach coupled with passion and ability to support and develop your team
- Exceptional levels of customer service, each and every time – you will be a role model for others to follow
- Demonstrable experience of managing customers effectively in difficult environments
- You must be able to demonstrate a high level of numerical ability
- Due to the shift times, which will vary, you must live in the local area and have available independent transport
- An effective communicator and must be able to demonstrate this both through your application and or assessments
- Confidence to make decisions in a customer focused manner and carry out instructions effectively