Lead Product Designer for Onyx
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Onyx by J.P. Morgan is an innovation team that leverages cutting-edge technologies like Blockhain to develop ground breaking new products, platforms and marketplaces of the future
J.P. Morgan is transforming the future of institutional banking by incorporating emerging technologies such as blockchain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security into the products we create. Onyx is a business unit that sits within J.P. Morgan's institutional bank and leverages such technologies to develop and re-architect the way that money, information and assets move around the world.
Users of these systems work fast-paced, information-intensive jobs, within an already complex industry. The future tools and experiences that we design must add value. To do our job well, we utilize human-centered design to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy, finding insights and designing solutions that enable simplicity for people.
We are actively seeking energetic and driven product design leaders to join Onyx. Successful candidates will shape the future of the worlds first bank-led blockchain platform helping to transform the way money, information and assets move around the world.
Are you a lead product designer who has experience facilitating product research, information architecture development, product concept development, and interaction and visual design of digital experiences?
Put your design leadership into action by joining one of our User Experience teams and shape the future of how people use our products. As a User Experience Design Lead, you’ll use client-centric design methods to conceptualize, model, and design innovative experiences. You’ll work in close collaboration with business and technology partners to deliver world-class digital experiences.
This role relies on being able to understand business requirements, produce user requirements, design user interfaces, and work closely with teams to ensure design specifications are implemented.
- Partner with product owners and design strategists to identify user requirements and define concepts
- Use tools, such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, to define information architecture, interface design, and visual design of product concepts
- Lead generative workshops and identify success metrics and the research strategy
- Document user observations and product requirements, communicating across the team to build alignment on design requirements and product prioritization
- Challenge the team to continually think about the user experience and development of the brand through the product experience
- Create compelling prototypes to demonstrate early proof of concepts
- Create visual assets and idea stimuli for meetings that prompt discussions and insights from subject matter experts about deep and complex processes within different industries.
- UX/Product Design Expertise – at least 7 years of direct experience in digital interface design. Mastery of tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, Figma) to generate compelling interaction designs and visually appealing interfaces
- In depth knowledge of user interface design processes and methodologies – able to define an end-to-end product design process
- Experience developing digital products, working with a product development team
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree with top academic performance from a competitive institution
- Proficiency with UX principles, prototyping best practices and knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web technologies
- Excellent communication skills – able to present work to senior stakeholders or lead conversations with stakeholders to extract insights and requirements
- Ability to work in matrixed environment with many partners and stakeholders with different thinking styles
- A passion for creating change and desire to create transformative solutions
- Financial domain expertise - not necessary, but preferred. Candidate must have an aptitude and interest in quickly developing nuanced understanding of financial services industry. Success in this roll depends on quickly learning and synthesizing deeply complex systems and processes, from a work flow and human point-of-view
- A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.
We Value DiversityWe value the unique skills of every person on our team, and we are building an organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global Digital Experience Design team tackling big challenges that impact people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you. Apply today, and put your passion for experience design to work with us.