Corporate Treasury - Liquidity Regulatory Management - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Corporate Treasury – Senior Associate – London
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Treasury and Chief Investment Office (“TCIO”) is a division with the Firm’s Corporate Sector that is independent of the Corporate & Investment Bank and all customer-facing lines of businesses. TCIO’s core mandate is to manage the Firm’s liquidity, structural interest rate, and foreign exchange risks. In addition, it manages the wholesale funding and capital raising activities for the firm, as well as the daily cash position. The group oversees the Firm’s funds transfer pricing policies and works closely with the various lines of business in establishing the principles of how funds are valued across the firm.
TCIO is looking to recruit a senior associate to work in the EMEA Liquidity Regulatory Management (“LRM”) team. This role will be responsible for key aspects of liquidity governance and core liquidity regulations across J.P. Morgan’s UK and EMEA entities. This is a diverse role offering insight across many aspects of liquidity and finding including through ILAAPs / ICARAs, liquidity and funding risk aspects of Recovery and Resolution, Contingency Funding Plans, and contributions to ALCOs, Risk Committees and Board papers as appropriate. It is also expected that this role will contribute to other key internal and regulatory deliverables as required.
- Management of the ILAAP process ensuring the highest quality contributions and thoughtful inputs go into the document which cover JPM’s main UK subsidiaries, that span the full suite of investment banking products and an on-line retail bank, plus other EMEA entities.
- Contribution and management of TCIO contributions to Recovery, Resolution, ICAAP and ICARA processes and documents.
- Input into the identification and quantification of LCR ‘pillar 2’ risks as part of the ILAAP process where applicable.
- Input into additional stress testing and analysis, both quantitative and qualitative, to support the UK recovery plan from a liquidity perspective co-ordinating with other global and local functions as necessary.
- Management and documentation of the Contingency Funding Plans for the in-scope entities ensuring consistency across the region whilst being sensitive to legal entity considerations.
- Presentation of key conclusions and findings to management and senior management across a range of topics relevant to this role.
- Work effectively across a number of other teams to ensure successful execution of responsibilities including middle office, capital management and second line of defence teams.
- Financial services industry experience with a focus on balance sheet, business analysis and ideally liquidity experience either in a liquidity management or risk capacity. Treasury experience a bonus, although not essential.
- Good knowledge of banking products in particular investment banking / global markets.
- Ability to operate in an environment with a high level of scrutiny and be able to collaborate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders across different levels of seniority.
- Excellent analytical and presentational skills with the ability to convey complex issues succinctly and escalate as appropriate.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to coordinate across various lines of business, legal entities, and regions to often strict timelines.
- Ability to excel under pressure, prioritize effectively across multiple tasks and bring tasks to closure.
Salary Grade / Level