CIB_Global Finance and Business Mgmt_Infrastructure VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The CIB F&BM Infrastructure and indirects team is responsible for providing transparency of allocation of charges to CIB from other divisions of the bank, and in particular $1.5B of infrastructure charges.
The team partners closely with a number of functions across the bank including key stakeholders in CIB, GT & aligned F&BM Teams, providing governance and setting directions with actionable reporting and process improvements to assist with the strategic CIB Technology agenda.
The team also partners closely with Technology on cross CIB Infrastructure initiatives including Application & Infrastructure Modernisation
Overview of Role
- Oversight of the infrastructure and indirect processes to deliver month-end results, the forecast for the remainder of the year, and the budget for future years
- Developing and tracking performance metrics, creating presentations, and providing financial analysis on infrastructure and indirects to various stakeholders and senior management
- Performing variance analysis to understand the key drivers of the results and presenting commentary to FP&A managers and line of business CFOs explaining changes from prior forecasts/budgets.
- Helping design new reports and dashboards to efficiently deliver the financial results to senior management
- Enhancing controls and streamlining processes, introducing automation where possible
- Support the CIB Modernisation agenda, including development and maintenance of cloud infrastructure reporting and analysis
- Play a proactive role on Annual planning and Mid-Year Forecast process and provide improvements to the current BAU process
- 7+ years of work experience, preferably in Financial Services, and/or accounting/controller background.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Integrity in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and FP&A Teams
- Self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyse large data sets and present conclusions concisely