User Experience Research Lead
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Putting our clients and their needs first remains the top goal for our User Experience team. As a User Experience Associate, you’ll be responsible for project work as well as helping shape the direction of our teams. Working as a valued member of a multidisciplinary design team, you’ll be involved in complex projects, and will participate in user research and design planning to respond to feedback.
In addition to primary project work, you'll contribute to design systems such as our pattern library, visual design library, and motion library, as well as mentor others on the team. You’ll hone your communication skills by presenting your work to diverse stakeholders and the broader technology organization.
We are looking for a creative and resourceful User Experience Research Lead with strong design research skills to join our rapidly growing team of innovators, disruptors and problem solvers.
Naturally, we want someone who can think outside the box and provide fresh thought leadership, but we are also looking for an individual who will complement and embody our team culture - caring and empathizing with our customers, showing kindness, seeing a need or pain point and actively reaching out to help. If you can explain why you’re that person, we want you.
- Work with design and product leads in order to identify areas where user experience research can best provide insight and impact and develop research roadmaps
- Design and lead research studies for strategic, durable insights as well as fast turnaround projects
- Ensure research results are actionable and contribute directly to meeting product and business goals
- Support other researchers as needed to ensure quality and consistency of deliverables and best practices. Coach and mentor junior team members
- Contribute to next gen vision for the research function, identifying areas of opportunity or improvement, including identifying process improvements, new tools and approaches
- Passion for designing and delivering research for maximum impact and for developing world-class products and experiences
- Strength in drawing inferences from a wide range of types of data sources and studies
- Nimble: able to combine highly practical output needed for a fast-moving market and agile environment along with creative problem solving, methodological experimentation and innovation needed to help shape future roadmaps
- Calm and poised under pressure
- Able to inspire confidence and collaborate closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, across functions, and including product leadership and senior business executives.
- Executive presence: able to work with very senior stakeholders and provide top-executive-quality deliverables and input when needed
- 5-10+ years of experience planning and executing user research studies
- Masters or PhD in related field preferred
Demonstrated ability to drive multiple medium complexity initiatives with minimal guidance
To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.