Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
EMEA Equity Derivatives Projects – Middle Office - Project Manager
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the Corporate Investment Bank covering eight key product areas including FX, Equity Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service and Invoicing.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager focused on end to end, cross-functional business transformation.
The Project Manager will join the Global Equities Transformation Team focused on change specific to end to end support of the Global Equity Derivatives Business.
The transformation team is responsible for a multitude of projects spanning the below areas:
- Global strategic business-driven initiatives
- Operational efficiency & automation initiatives
- Industry and regulatory driven initiatives
- New legal entity setup
You will be required to:
- Identify and understand business problems and utilise problem solving techniques to design sustainable solutions (requirements gathering and analysis)
- Develop relationships with program stakeholders across front office, middle office, operations, technology, compliance and legal
- Provide governance and program structure, including regular updates at all levels up to and including business executives
- Plan, delegate, control, communicate and monitor allocated projects in all stages from initiation through to completion.
- Create and maintain necessary project artefacts including business cases, business requirements, project plans, status reports and other necessary documentation
- Understand the business and control environment
Qualifications & Skills
We are looking for candidates with the following characteristics and skills:
- Experienced project manager with a proven track record of delivery, ideally in and Investment Bank or Financial Services environment
- Previous experience in managing and implementing end to end change
- Good understanding of the Equity Derivatives business and associated transaction lifecycle an advantage
- Candidates with previous experience in Middle / Front Office / Operations Management an advantage
- Ability to develop strong working relations with stakeholders and interact with all staff levels.
- Good balance between analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self motivated individual who is able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst also working effectively as part of a team