WM Operations - Data Analytics
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of all that we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end – involved in almost all major steps of the transaction lifecycle as well as new initiatives (account opening and KYC, products and services) and vendor management. We work in collaboration with counterparts from all areas across Lines of Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions. Our role is all about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business, whilst constantly striving to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. The firm is establishing within Operations a market-leading function to help manage the client onboarding transformation whilst meeting regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients.
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area
As a Business Analyst, you'll support & manage provision of BaU reporting and lead the development of initiatives that enable more efficient and sustainable provision of data & insights across Client Onboarding. You will work with business partners to understand their needs & leverage available tools to bring transparency to business processes. You will be undertaking analysis and using data to build insights that inform and support management decision making. You will need to have strong communication skills that enable you to influence stakeholders and create transparency between strategic business opportunities and data.
- Data analysis, including data collection, synthesis, and translation of results into concrete actionable solutions
- Manage day to day reporting commitments in EMEA
- Lead provision of data & insights to BaU teams to ensure teams have access to information they need
- Support transformation of MIS provision in Client Ops - leverage new tools and techniques, undertake analysis to deliver operational efficiencies & improve client experience and enable the strategic transformation agenda
- Build understanding of business workflows, develop data led solutions and be able to explain them to colleagues across the business
- Support implementation projects from an Onboarding BAU perspective
- Work with business partners to design and implement enhancements to existing processes
- Escalate appropriately any risks identified in business processes
- Ensure that all EMEA site locations and groups that support EMEA work to the same standard of efficiency and establish a best in class function
- Support the preparation of presentations to Senior Management and various stakeholders of the Private Bank
- Support all aspects of management activities for the Business Enablement Team
- Work with minimal direction/independently, keeping management informed of progress and escalating issues
- 5-10 years business analysis experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Excellent communication and presentations skills across various stakeholders and senior management
- Strong Attention to detail, results oriented and delivery focused
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize, and prioritize work
- Be a team player who shows commitment and dedication while maintaining a positive attitude and high level of performance on high profile/time-sensitive initiatives
- Ability to deal with different stakeholder groups to identify business requirements and then develop & document solutions
- Strong risk and controls awareness
- Intermediate/Advanced experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in data & MI tools is beneficial (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, QlikSense)
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task. A working experience including roles in AML/ KYC in the context of client onboarding and in a control function is beneficial
- The role will support projects and new processes within Client Onboarding therefore previous experience of this type of work within a Client Onboarding environment is beneficial