Technical Project / Product Manager of AIML Initiatives
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our Glasgow Technology Centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan. Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting-edge technologies.
As an experienced professional in our AIML Project Execution team, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture – namely, how can Machine Learning technology help achieve business goals – as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources and budgets, and build and incentivize high-performing teams. You'll work closely with colleagues across the firm to identify opportunities, develop projects and products that are broadly applicable and deliver transformational value. The NLP Project and Product Manager is a leader and problem solver in an extraordinarily dynamic environment with a skillset in management and coordination across multiple cross functional teams in order to deliver technical solutions which support strategic initiatives of high visibility and importance to the firm. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The role involves:
- Managing AIML Projects and Products utilizing MLDC and SLDC methodologies for Data Science, Machine Learning Engineering, and partnered technology teams.
- Providing contributions and management to the development and execution of strategic technology and process change initiatives in the context of broad corporate, business and finance goals.
- Providing excellent written and oral communication and present information in differing degrees of detail and form, depending on the audience (including executive presentations)
- Partner with supported Business and Technological Product Teams to educate in AI/ML program management practices, influence the direction of Product objectives based on AI/ML capabilities, assist the product owner in backlog refinement through roadmap development, and coordinate dependencies across multiple product development teams
- Facilitate scrum activities in partnership with business sponsors and executing teams
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced critical thinking abilities with an objective first mentality capable of dynamic decision making in fast paced environments
- Expertise in planning and project management practices with demonstrated history of delivering solutions
- A strong understanding of LEAN and Agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
- Strong communication abilities in order to create and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and senior leaders throughout the firm
- Demonstrated leadership and an ability to coordinate efforts and effects across multiple products and teams