Firmwide Business Resiliency (FBR) Analysis & Planning - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Firmwide Business Resiliency (FBR) Analysis & Planning, Associate
Location: London (or Bournemouth)
Job code: Associate
Manager: Nick Groves
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to millions of households and the world's most important corporations and governments. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Firmwide Business Resiliency Team (“FBRT”) within the Office of the CFO is responsible for ensuring the adequacy of the firm’s resiliency and determining the firm’s resiliency strategy, including setting the standards and analyzing the data necessary to articulate a risk-based view of the firm’s resiliency capabilities. The FBR team works as part of a consolidated virtual organization with Business Resiliency teams and Technology Resiliency teams to execute against the firm’s resiliency strategy – including partnership with corporate functions such as Global Security and Global Real Estate.
Resiliency is a fast-evolving space with exciting new changes on the horizon. FBRT is at the center of it all, helping the firm adapt to concepts like Operational Resiliency, Planning, Impact Tolerance and End-to-End Testing.
This role will support the development, implementation and execution of the Business Resiliency Analysis and Planning framework, working centrally with the workstream lead and across the resiliency landscape with key stakeholders in our LOBs and CFs. The ideal candidate should be execution-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to immerse themselves in the overall program & business needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support workstream lead and team members to deliver the Business Resiliency Analysis and Planning Operating Model
- Support the development and delivery of Business Resiliency Framework Analysis and Assessment, specifically designing and developing effective analysis models of ‘big data’ through user tools available such as Excel and Tableau.
- Support the provision of subject matter expertise and advisory services for Business Resiliency teams
- Engage key partners and stakeholders in Lines of Business (LOB) and Corporate Functions (CF) to communicate, discuss and assess key framework analysis observations
- Engage key partners in asset resiliency functions (Security, Real Estate, Third Party Operations etc.) to support Operating Model alignment
- Support workstream project management activities, including minuting working group sessions, tracking deliverables and reporting progress
- Keep abreast of regulatory landscape and industry best practices to inform continuous strategic improvement
- Utilize Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) & Data visualization tools to perform detail and complex data analytics
- 5+ years’ experience in related disciplines
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent vocational pedigree
- Broad understanding of Resiliency-related disciplines; experience in Resiliency, Business Continuity, Risk, Threat Intelligence, Corporate Security, Crisis Management is a plus
- Proficient in Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and data manipulation tools (e.g. Alteryx)
- Proficient in key programming languages (Java, SQL, Python etc..)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel experience up to VBA level
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as on a team
- Ability and desire to self-educate, learn quickly and assimilate business / technical knowledge
- Executive-level presentation skills with ability to develop materials with little oversight
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Strong, confident, and clear verbal communications skills; comfortable moderating meetings / working groups
- Ability to work collaboratively and to develop strong, positive working relationships across a matrixed organization
- Comfort with ambiguity and change; components of role can be fluid and defined over time as business needs evolve