Delivery Manager (Digital Technology) VP
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The WM Digital Technology team in Glasgow is seeking a Senior Delivery Lead to join us on our Digital transformation journey. As a Delivery lead, you will be responsible for program managing the delivery of key projects that are owned and driven by Glasgow, but delivering for the business globally. You will be part of a dynamic team that works closely with Product owners, as well as interact globally with business stakeholders and other application developers at all levels of the organization. As a Delivery lead, the role requires you to have experience managing medium to large scale technical programs, working with business and technical partners distributed globally. A must-have ability is to break down complex business goals and requirements into specifications and a prioritized plan for technology to execute. If you have a drive for excellence in delivery, you will feel right at home in this organization
- Managing scope, timelines and prioritization of projects and backlog, working closely with business stakeholders and product owners.
- Help business and product owners define Epics and stories which can then be prioritized and turned over to technology development teams.
- Ensuring all requirements are elaborated to the appropriate level of detail and items that are in or out of scope are negotiated with relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute with technical business analysis to enrich the requirements produced by business and product owners.
- Managing and planning deliveries with dependencies and other technology teams.
- Ensuring timely communication of status and blockers for a project at different levels of stakeholders
- Overseeing and coordinating UAT with all teams and stakeholders
- Face off to and manage business and technology stakeholders across the organization, including front-office business, product owners, other technology teams and technology/business management.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
Key skills and expertise:
- Experienced individual in Financial Services and project management/execution.
- Project managed large scale Technology projects that involve distributed engineering teams
- Ability to define and manage technology roadmaps in collaboration with business and execute on those roadmaps
- Experience with JIRA to manage project backlog and prioritization is a must
- Experience and understanding in writing detailed requirements that are both business-friendly as well as relevant for technology development teams to convert into design and implementation.
- Experience with Agile project management with exposure to Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of BDD to help write requirements that facilitate automated testing would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture