Operational Resilience Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
Our customers and communities matter to us at Chase, and we recognise that in order to deliver a first-class service, it’s our people that do this, without exception, in a first-class way.
There’s never been a more exciting time to work with us; we have built a cloud native bank and we want to give talented people like you, an opportunity to work with us at the leading edge.
The teams we build are as diverse and culture rich as the communities we serve, and we consider that to be a foundation stone for our thriving working environment.
After successfully launching a brand-new retail bank into the United Kingdom, we’re super excited to be scaling up our Chase brand and growing our team with it. To that end, we’re looking for exceptional Incident & Resiliency Managers to proactively minimise disruption to our customers during an incident and to protect them through robust resiliency planning when we back to business as usual.
The Business Resiliency & Incident Manager will have 2 core roles, during an incident the role requires quick response to identify disruption, initiate the incident management process and engage teams as needed to mitigate impacts and resolve issues to minimize impact to our customers. The role holder will manage and chair incident bridges up to Major level managing the response and key stakeholders including C Suite. They will need to utilize their knowledge of Customer Operations and work with cutting edge technology squads to deliver resolutions through a pressurized environment with a cool head, strong instincts and good judgement.
The second part of the role is to work with IC and Firmwide Resiliency to deliver market leading Resiliency plans and playbooks to ensure we know how to respond to threats and incidents which may affect our operation.
This role is ideal for highly motivated individuals with advanced problem solving and communication skills.
As you know, technology and financial services do not sleep, so the Global team you’d be joining support availability on a 24/7/365 basis. We operate a follow the sun model, which means you’ll work your daylight hours and handover to one of our other Incident Management teams when your shift finishes for the day. The role does require weekend in an on-call arrangement
In return we’ll invest in your growth and career development at Chase, as you’ll be working as part of a global network, supporting the newest and innovative ideas in resiliency.
As part of Chase’s global team of incident managers and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our customers in the UK and eventually throughout Europe.
Business Incident Responsibilities:
- Driving an incident to resolution through support engagement
- Post Incident Documentation to assist in root cause analysis
- Assessing business impact on the incident occurred (example tech, non tech or any other business-related incidents)
- Facilitate timely communications to customers to help manage their experience using our communication tooling
- Provided on-going updates to Sr Management on the progress to resolution.
- Responsible for the overall incident management activities within Contact Center, servicing and Operations
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple incidents based on the customer, business, regulatory, reputational and financial impacts, knowing when to escalate without sacrificing SLA commitments
- Drive a culture that reduces repeat incidents, helping to join the dots up through shared learning.
- Support the review of all incidents across all priorities to identify the thematic root causes, impacts and actions detailing accurate and timely reports to key forums to drive improved decision making
- Assist with tracking and reporting on root cause and After Action Report
- Built effective relationships with Operation Managers and the business to maintain understanding of the impact of incidents affecting the key service lines.
- On call support during weekends and holidays, as needed
Business Resiliency Responsibilities:
- Ensure Business Impact Analyses (BIAs) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Risk Assessments have been undertaken in all [key] locations globally
- Ensure effective BCPs are in place globally, across all [key] locations, business divisions and support functions
- Ensure all business continuity documentation is reviewed, maintained, updated and tested/exercised on a regular basis
- Drive group chats and bridge calls effectively to resolve incidents
- Proven ability to lead with influence, work methodically and calmly under pressure, facilitating and collaborating with colleagues to deliver the right outcomes for our business and customers.
- Possess excellent proven written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience of sending out executive alerts/communication mailers
- Handle conflict situations and make quick decision while driving incidents
- Manage and drive third parties to the quick resolution of incidents
- Business analytical skills around reporting & governance
- Root cause analysis skillset on the data
- External market knowledge and trends
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Self-started / motivated individual
Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 2 + year experience in Business Incident Management
- Experience working with tools such as ServiceNow, Confluence , GENT etc.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Relevant Resiliency Certification / Qualifications beneficial (CBCI, AMBCI, MBCI)
At Chase we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you