Chase UK - Business Analyst - Cash and Cards
Job Type: Full time
The Cash & Card (C&C) operations team investigates and resolves complex payment incidents, monitors developments and trends across payment processing, and supports the build of new tools and processes to enhance the performance and efficiency of the C&C team.
This role will require a detailed understanding of retail card payment processes, an investigative and analytical approach to problem solving, and an ability to work effectively with product, technology, and business teams to resolve incidents and develop new and enhanced processes.
The role will support the build of tools as well as the resolution of operational issues.
- Conduct complex enquiries and investigations for problems that frontline contact centre teams cannot resolve.
- Provide required audit trail and documentation to support the work performed.
- Gather requirements and support the build of tools and processes to enhance the work of the C&C team
- Liaise with Development & other Operations teams to co-ordinate the C&C Ops journeys.
- Analyse current performance of the team and publish statistics and reports.
- Support and deliver training material for Contact Centre and Ops teams.
- Create and update playbooks for C&C Ops Team for new payment products.
- Relevant knowledge and experience, ideally in a back office, middle office, operations, or similar function of a banking/financial services organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of cards scheme/network, retail banking platforms
- Ideally previous payments experience/knowledge of Visa or MasterCard
- Basic knowledge of Mastercard rules, and FPS / BACS / CHAPS / SWIFT schemes with a detailed understanding of at least one scheme
- Willingness to learn new schemes and rulebooks to support C&C Ops.
- Diverse product knowledge, with an ability to develop an understanding of new products
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyse the information, identify the problems, and work towards finding the solutions
- Ability to partner and influence across businesses and other support groups
- Control focus and mind-set at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels
- A relevant degree, accounting, or financial qualification would be beneficial