Risk as a Service TechOps Senior Engineer Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a senior member of the TechOps Engineering group: we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about customer satisfaction through high quality service facilitated by innovation and robust engineering practices.
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment — one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Our team is building an industry leading financial technology product that exposes the bank’s proprietary quantitative and technology infrastructure as part of the firm’s next generation digital offerings to select clients.
This product will enable clients to generate greater revenue from their investment or trading activities and effectively manage exposure to various events in financial markets (i.e. trading and market risk management). The product consists of a set of fully hosted and managed services and is delivered via a comprehensive API and a rich frontend application.
As a senior TechOps Engineer in the Risk as a Service team the successful applicant will join a leading entrepreneurial and collegial team within the Asset Manager Platform business that is responsible for the development of innovative pricing, risk and trade management tools across all asset classes and financial instruments. In this senior role they will have a unique opportunity to help shape the future and business impact of this critically important sub-group of the overarching product.
This is an exciting position for a talented and energetic senior engineer who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
- Be part of a new business initiative within JPM that will create a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market strategy of the service.
- Partner closely with our clients (asset managers, hedge funds, investment advisors, investment banks) to understand their needs and ensure that the product is delivering against these.
- Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank.
- Partner with a global team of TechOps personnel to deliver against these responsibilities
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of experience in industry experience
- Strong interpersonal skills for engaging with high-value clients and delivering positive outcomes
- Familiarity with KPIs, SLOs and SLAs and the ability to define these for application components in a commercially reasonable manner
- Some Python development in both systems automation and both real-time and historic reporting
- knowledge of financial instruments is desirable
- Experience with Linux troubleshooting
- Understanding of identifying appropriate business metrics and delivering tools that allow visualization and benchmarking against these
- Proactive and independent – able to take ownership of deliverables and solve real world business problems
- Tenacious and resilient when raising, escalating and chasing responses to/post-mortems on production issues (involving disparate enterprise systems and teams)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Definition and delivery of Service Level Documents: that we are formally measured against from the perspective of our client relationships (and marked against in periodic service reviews)
- Shared responsibility for the monitoring of support channels and issue triage by the TechOps group
- Managing & overseeing incident lifecycle including ticket creation, customer communication and updates, post-incident writeup and root cause analysis
- Ensuring follow-the-sun support summaries are appropriate and participation in high-quality support handovers
- Executing against a production-aligned book of work for projects and tasks related to ongoing operation of the platform within JP Morgan firmwide standards (e.g. Disaster Recovery exercises, vulnerability management, strategic system changes)
- Participation in support rotas
- Updating documentation with FAQs, common issues and resolutions (where directly involved in practical problem management)
- Working with product, growth, sales and technology leads to design improvements based on customer feedback
- Comprehensive and accurate delivery of start-of-day system health and functionality checks as part of the global TechOps team
- Improving our platform by documenting components, dependencies and working with developers to document issue identification and troubleshooting steps
- Create training content for internal colleagues (videos, wiki pages, etc.)
- Enriching metrics for proactive system monitoring and client service reporting
- UAT testing of new features and daily checks before code goes to production