EMEA Corporate Functions Compliance and Operational Risk Officer - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan:
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
About Compliance, Conduct & Operational Risk:
The Compliance, Conduct, and Operational Risk (CCOR) Program sets forth the firm’s second line of defense coverage of Compliance, Conduct, and Operational Risk. CCOR establishes policies and standards which manage compliance, conduct and operational risk across the firm. CCOR’s program also includes independent assessment and oversight of compliance, conduct and operational risk inherent within the firm’s lines of business, corporate functions and their activities.
The Corporate Functions CCOR team is accountable for the management, execution and oversight of the CCOR program for various Corporate Functions, including Risk Management, Human Resources and CCOR, amongst others.
We are seeking to hire this Vice President role into the team to provide CCOR coverage for Corporate Functions in EMEA, with specific coverage of Risk Management; working together with stakeholders and partnering with Control Management and other groups across the CCOR organization, including our legal entity teams, to advise on their applicable Compliance and Operational risks and related policies, perform independent risk assessments, conduct deep dive reviews of processes and support the Functions in their development of appropriate controls to mitigate applicable compliance and operational risks, in accordance with the CCOR program.
This role reports to the EMEA regional lead for Corporate Functions CCOR, and will be responsible for:
- Leveraging the firm’s CCOR Framework to identify, measure, monitor & test (M&T), manage, report and govern compliance, conduct and operational risk.
- Understand the key processes and controls performed by Corporate Functions, including Risk Management, Human Resources and CCOR.
- Perform independent assessment of Compliance, Conduct and Operational risks through BAU engagement, monitoring (e.g. M&T reviews of 1LOD, KPI / KRI review, Qualitative Operational Risk Appetite, Independent Second Line Risk Assessment)
- Work closely with the CCOR testing team in development of the CCOR test plan and test scoping.
- Calibrate viewpoints and present findings to corporate functions management
- Work closely with Corporate Functions to strengthen the Compliance, Conduct and Operational Risk environment of the firm using analytics and independent challenge.
- Develop and/or challenge KPIs / KRIs related to these risks through effective monitoring and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience or understanding of the risk management organisation
- 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry; specific experience in Operational Risk, Compliance, Corporate Functions, Risk and/or Control is a plus
- Outstanding ability to analyse problems using data with keen attention to detail; inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and effective mitigation.
- Able to develop constructive relationships with functional partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present concise findings in a persuasive manner to a senior audience.
- Deadline driven, proven track record of delivering results with limited supervision and capable of learning in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated success in delivering as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite.