UI Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires strong C# developer with WPF development experience to contribute to the on-going expansion of functionality to provide the full post trade lifecycle for the Securities Lending product. Working with a co-located team in Glasgow but interacting with our global team.
- Gathering, refining and analyzing system requirements from Project stakeholders, typically Stock Borrow Loan Traders, Middle Office and Product Development staff
- Helping to define and agree project scope
- Testing new releases of the systems ahead of Production releases
- Developing/Scripting test cases for the system
- Working with developers to ensure they understand business requirements
- Working to expands the development groups understanding of the SBL business
- Working on L3 support to diagnose production issues raised by users
- Data analysis of trade and position data to help answer queries for users, auditors etc.
- Candidates should note that this list is not exhaustive, and duties are liable to change from time to time in line with the needs of the department.
- Experience with messaging e.g., MQ, Tibco EMS, Kafka, etc.
- Self-starter, delivery focused, strong experience on Agile programming
- Keen to understand and solve business related problems
- Computer science background with an intellectual rigour
- Ability to solve complex problems and a track record of high performance and delivery
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- At least some experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Ideally some exposure to UX Design
- Experience of cloud-based technologies
- Exposure to dealing with Front Office users on a regular basis
- Knowledge in Finance, particularly knowledge of Prime Brokerage and Securities Lending products and business
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong OO design skills with good knowledge of object modelling and design patterns.