WM EMEA Investments Business Management - Associate
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
The EMEA Investments Business Management (EMEA IBM) team supports the EMEA Head of Investments. As such, the EMEA IBM team manages the Investments platform, formulates and implements business strategy, oversees client-advisors (Investors), manages sales of collective and alternative investments, initiates new product development and ensures compliance with the risk and regulatory agenda. The EMEA IBM team works cross-functionally with all stakeholders including but not limited to Market Business Managers, Client Advisors, Asset-Class Leaders, Controls Management, Finance, Legal, Risk Management, Compliance, Operations, and Technology.
The EMEA IBM team is looking to hire a highly-motivated, self-driven and committed team member to join the cross location team. The person can expect broad exposure to the Wealth Management organization including a deeper exposure to the Investments space and opportunities to present his/her work to the EMEA senior leadership. The team is looking for an individual with strong interpersonal skills who is at ease with communicating to all levels of seniority and functions within the Wealth Management organization. The role requires to effectively multitask and prioritize in order to help drive forward various initiatives – both regulatory and business growth related.. Additionally, this role will support Investors in the day to day to help guide them in relation to the various regulations, procedures, process and exceptions that may impact the Investments Business. The role requires a sound understanding of investments products and appreciation for risk management aspects of the Wealth Management business.
The job opening is for an experienced analyst/associate located in Luxembourg or London. Travel within Europe will be infrequent.
- Provide analytics and strategic analysis to senior management on the state of the investments business and future plans for growth
- Track progress against priorities, investment flows, etc.
- Assist with strategic business improvement and regulatory projects impacting the investments space
- Prepare analysis and presentation materials for senior management forums
- Partner closely with market teams on region-wide initiatives and reporting
- Partner with Projects, Technology and Operations to drive the enhancements to tools and processes used by client advisors
- Ensure the investments business is in compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Draft inputs into Controls (self-assessment, action plans, training, organize business resiliency) Compliance Testing, Audits as necessary
- Support investors with ad hoc client queries and help direct them to the appropriate stakeholders and outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years of work experience. Experience in wealth management in an investment context is a plus
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the investments business and management thereof
- Adopt an organised and methodical approach to issues and tasks and applies sound, logical reasoning to complex problems
- Confident presentation with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work in a team and alone, highly motivated and displaying strong initiative
- Effectively synthesise and manipulate data from diverse sources and compile financial/management information
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail
- Proven PowerPoint skills
- Excel - highly proficient user of basic functions including analysis and financial function a must (VBA/macros experience is a plus)
- Python or Alteryx experience a plus
- Fluent English written and spoken a must, multi-lingual a plus