Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The Chief Technology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top quality engineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management and processes as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us a leading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around the world.
In order to create a best in class environment for our Engineering community, our team is looking for an experienced UX Designer who can help us unpack and improve the experience for over 50,000 technologists across the firm. You will join an ambitious program that brings a voice of the Engineer to transform our tooling and processes, and untangle complex problems from ideation to delivery across the Software Development Lifecycle.
We're looking for a passionate and curious generalist, just like you, who likes to gets hands-on to deliver high-quality solutions and thrives an innovative, collaborative and delivery-focused environment.
The Chief Technology Office Experience team is a growing team of UX specialists and UX generalists. As part of this team, you'll be driving user-centered design and modern development practices within product teams, using lean UX principles, spearheading design thinking workshops, and delivering solutions that help to improve the lives of people we work with across our product lines. This comes naturally to you, as evangelizing the user and continuous improvement are in your blood. You can turn something squishy into something actionable, and are open to scrapping your work and starting again. You'll work with other designers in creation and critique, and be proactively promoting pairing with designs, development and PMs/POs to deliver strong value-adding solutions with measurable outcomes. You'll openly discuss topics like ethics in design and cognitive bias in new technologies, and show your product teams why those topics matter.
What you'll do:
- Research, design, prototype user-centric designs with rapid testing and iteration
- Support Software Engineers and Product teams to evolve designs during discovery and understand how designs translate to delivery / implementation
- Design and innovate solutions within our product areas like Artificial Intelligence model creation, Data Design, IT Service Management, DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Understand and apply accessibility to designs
- Communicate and articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions, bringing the team along your journey
- Support the Experience team in building out outcome-driven best practices that have strong roots in the methodology
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in UX/HCI or related field or equivalent experience,
- Proven track record in at least one design pillar: user research, interaction design/UX or visual design
- Experience with generative and evaluative, summative and formative research methods
- Experience working in agile / lean methodologies and facilitating design thinking workshops
- Experience with UX software and supporting tools to convey intent (Figma, Sketch, Invision, Optimal Workshop, UserTesting.com or similar)
- Excellent stakeholder management, influence and partnership skills, with ability to advocate for UX and communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Experience delivering world class experiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of industry standard development tooling (Jenkins, Continuous Integration and Delivery)
- Knowledge/understanding of DevOps concepts
- Proven strategic and critical thinking capabilities across business/technology vision, solutions, strategy, roadmaps and portfolio delivery
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies (Material Design, React, Bootstrap, AG-grid, responsive design, HTML, etc)
- Understanding of how to improve and contribute to a design system
To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.