Cloud Software Engineer - MongoDB Atlas AWS
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Within our Platform Services Software Engineering group we are looking for a Cloud Software Engineer who has a thirst for knowledge and maintains the highest standards. This is an opportunity to be one of the founding members of our NoSQL document database space, a key strategic growth area over the coming years. Our group is responsible for building centralized platform & database services across internal and public cloud. These services are leveraged by all of our lines of business across the globe . MongoDB Atlas is a feature rich highly available managed NoSQL database available across AWS, GCP and Azure and you will be working on the engineering, provisioning and automation of the offering to make it available for consumption by any of our thousands of applications. You will be building streamlined, compliant and innovative products in an ever-changing landscape and providing a superb customer experience. We have a dynamic, diverse and exciting global team covering an array of technologies, languages and database products with fantastic cross-training available. This is a real opportunity to be a part of team firmly building for the future. We have a vision of a versatile & rich array of highly consumable products to rival any cloud provider which will meet the needs of our thousands of business technologists.
Additionally you will also be able to work on our internal cloud offering for MongoDB as we look to eventually provide a single entry point for consumption of private or public cloud.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver products to continually help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual. We focus on you and your potential.
- Continued career advancement opportunities, including industry recognized certifications, such as AWS, GCP and CKAD
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- Professional and technical development programs
- Flexible Working Arrangement between home and office
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, C, C++, C#, Go
- Practical experience of architecting & developing applications or platforms on any one of the major public cloud providers (AWS, Google, Azure). Industry cloud certifications are a bonus
- Knowledge and experience of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Unit-testing framework(s) & BDD/TDD
- Infrastructure-as-code experience – Terraform, Ansible, Puppet and/or Salt
- Understanding and experience of Agile and Lean philosophies including experience with JIRA, YouTrack and/or similar
- Experience of Python frameworks - Django/Flask etc.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
- Understanding the importance of great documentation and a passion for helping customers
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
Additional skills that would be advantageous (please note that if you have few/none of these we will help put together a personal development plan to attain these):
- Experience with document-oriented database products: MongoDB, MarkLogic, DocumentDB etc
- Experience with relational databases
- CI/CD pipelines preferably including Jenkins, Bamboo and/or Spinnaker
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (including IBM WebSphere) and/or Heroku
- Experience with core services including Active Directory, Kerberos and DNS
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.