Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
This position is for CT Finance Risk Data and Controls Ref Data Party Reference Data team. In this role, you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. This Site Reliability Engineer role will build and implement creative solutions to operations problems, including optimizing existing systems and building infrastructure. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines.
This role will also offer you the opportunity to develop professionally and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage Production — Application & Infrastructure
- Responsible for triaging and escalating any production issue affecting outages per procedures.
- Provide support for end users by having in-depth knowledge of application and the integrations to downstream systems.
- Troubleshoots priority incidents, facilitates blameless post-mortems, and supports solutions for closure
- Identify and enact process and technical improvements including automation
- Applies analytics on past data, like incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and takes proactive actions
- Defines and drives adoption of end to end application or service monitoring incorporating noiseless alerting with proper telemetry
- Ready to work in EMEA hours, and also provide weekend coverage on rotational basis.
- Contribute to the success of SRE and DevOps
Qualifications and Technical Requirements:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Industry experience is required within Production Support, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineering
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving or equivalent practical experience.
- Skills required: Unix/Linux, Sybase/Oracle SQL, Shell Scripting, Python
- Experience in Monitoring tools like ITRS Geneos, AppDynamics, Splunk and Grafana
- Experience in supporting Web based applications (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat).
- Experience with CTRL-M/CA Autosys scheduler, and knowledge on any ETL tool like Pentaho
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and tools including Jira and BitBucket
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure on AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java), plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Understanding of source control techniques and/or familiar with GIT
- Understanding in managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging, and MQ/Kafka, RDS, etc.