Compliance Risk Manager - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Compliance Department
With a diverse department of Compliance professionals supporting all lines of our business around the globe, the department is working diligently to present all business partners with innovative, thoughtful and tailored solutions to the challenges they face. The Compliance function has a strong culture which is focused on delivering first class support to the business while providing a credible challenge where necessary. It seeks to promote best practice, foster employee development and deliver the goals of the Firm wide Risk organisation.
Markets Compliance Team
The Markets Compliance team is responsible for setting policies, providing training and real-time interpretation of financial regulations to the EMEA Markets businesses, which are based mainly in London with an expected second hub in Paris. The team forms part of the EMEA Compliance Department which covers JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Banking, Security Services, Asset Management and Private Banking businesses in the region.
The team is recruiting for a VP level position to join the Markets Compliance team, providing primary line of Business relationship management and regulatory support to the respective Sales and Trading functions of the EMEA Commodities, Currencies and Emerging Markets Group. The team also supports Private Side FICC Sales and Structuring, FX and Commodities E-Trading and Sales and the related Market Risk functions. These are leading global FICC businesses that provide a wide range of investment banking services to corporate, institutional and government clients in EMEA.
As a Markets Advisory Compliance Officer, the VP will be responsible for:
- Assessing the impact of new financial regulations and setting appropriate internal Compliance policies and procedures, and keeping them up to date.
- Preparing Compliance training materials and conducting programmed and ad hoc training where necessary.
- Providing real-time interpretation of internal Compliance policies and procedures in response to ad hoc enquiries from front and middle office.
- Investigating and resolving escalation alerts from Compliance Surveillance and self-escalations from front and middle office.
- Designing and performing risk-based Compliance monitoring tests.
- Assisting in performing and keeping up to date the Compliance risk assessments for the EMEA Commodities, Currencies and Emerging Market businesses.
- Representing EMEA Commodities, Currencies and Emerging Market businesses in regional and global Compliance working groups.
- Assisting in ad hoc administrative tasks of the team.
- This is a VP role covering Commodities, Currencies and Emerging Markets in various forms on both the public and the private side across flow and structured products. As such, the work is varied and demanding, and will require candidates who are familiar with FICC market structures, products and the relevant UK, EU and US regulations and exchange rules, particularly, MiFID2, Market Abuse Regulation, EMIR and Dodd-Frank and LME rules. For candidates from outside the region, they are expected to be familiar with the equivalent regulations in their local jurisdiction, on subjects such as management of conflicts of interest, prohibition of insider dealing and market manipulation, mandatory trading and clearing of derivatives and fair treatment of clients.
- The successful candidate should have a good understanding in at least one of the following areas; Commodities, FX spot and derivatives markets, and/or Emerging Markets across all FICC asset classes. Relevant experience of performing a Compliance, Risk or Control role in a global investment bank would be a significant advantage.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage relationships with the businesses at all levels, including senior management. They must be able to think “on their feet”, provide ‘live’ regulatory interpretation and decisions to the business, often in high profile and/or time constrained situations.
- Able to work independently while having sufficient experience to know when to escalate an issue is essential. As are being proactive, able to think critically about the information presented to them, comfortable with subjective situations, and ready to ask appropriate questions and effectively challenge where needed.
- The successful candidate must be a good team player and will be expected to provide cross coverage of the Commodities, Currencies and Emerging Markets businesses generally, whilst also providing specific input to new product and business initiatives, new regulations, policies, training, monitoring and surveillance escalations.
- The role will require close liaison with other members of the Markets Compliance team, as well as the wider Compliance department (e.g. Control Room, Surveillance, Testing) as and when necessary.