Java Software Engineer - Prime Finance Technology
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Software Platform Engineer
The Prime Finance Technology Team within Prime Finance are looking for Java stack developers to join a business facing team working on a suite of microservices which provide a wide range of functions for the Securities Lending business.
Enterprise Finance Platform is a strategic platform for the full trade lifecycle for the Securities Lending business in the Investment Bank, for which JP Morgan is a market leader. With technologists spread across the globe, our team work closely with our global business to deliver innovative solutions to keep JP Morgan at the forefront of this business as it continues to grow and evolve.
The platform uses a range of technologies including Java, C#/.net, React, and Oracle/SQL on Windows and Linux platforms and gaining momentum on cloud based solutions. This is an opportunity to join an exciting technology team with excellent business sponsorship to deliver revenue enhancing technology and industry wide transformation.
The Prime Finance group provides liquidity of securities to the global equities group to allow short proprietary trading, hedging for derivative trading and financing for the firm. Securities Lending is the vehicle used to provide this liquidity. The Prime Finance group also provides services to Prime Brokerage clients. This is a global business operating from several sites (including UK, USA, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, India and Brazil).
Versatile Software Technology Engineer to be part of the core group and contribute to the reengineering of the platform, managing technology risk and lifecycle; building and supporting core components for the Securities Lending product. Working with a co-located team in London, but interacting with our global team.
- Accountable for managing technology risks and software vulnerabilities (open source and inhouse code) determining scope and impact of issues identified, working with domain teams on resolution.
- Liaising with internal and external teams to assist in application audits.
- Managing access and entitlements pertaining to the application at various levels, application, database, user interface, software projects.
- Responsible for provisioning of software and infrastructure resources
- Responsible to manage technology lifecycle as per firmwide and lob guidelines working with technology management, architects and domain teams.
- Support and manage components and software resources that cut across domains and serve at application level
- Perform maintenance and enhancements to existing applications
- Support of new and existing applications
- Candidates should note that this list is not exhaustive and duties are liable to change from time to time in line with the needs of the department.
We are looking for a talented and driven technologist who has a track record of delivering high-quality solutions in an investment bank or other industry, where robust and resilient first class solutions are the norm.
- Enterprise Java and Spring experience
- Experience with AWS
- Self-starter, delivery focused , strong experience on Agile programming
- Computer science background with an intellectual rigour
- Ability to solve complex problems and a track record of high performance and delivery
- Well-demonstrated communication and team-working skills
- Experience with SQL, preferably with Oracle and Hibernate
- Experience with messaging e.g. MQ, Tibco EMS, Kafka, etc.
- Familiar with Microservices architecture
- Keen to understand and solve business related problems
- Full System Development Lifecycle.