Senior Software Engineering Manager – Investment Banking CRM, Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of 40+ Software Engineers to deliver projects on the CRM application within Global Investment Banking Technology
- Help drive the modernization of the application and the wider platform in partnership with the group architecture team.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to reduce operational overhead
- Lead by example, set goals for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your service.
- Be hands-on with certifying integrity and quality of code and design
- Lead a Dev-Ops culture with your team owning stability, performance and incident triage
- Partner with Product Management and User's to drive prioritization and deliver impact
- Drive an innovation culture and help develop talent within the team
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 12 Years software development experience (ideally Java based)
- 5+ years in technical and people management experience
- Experience managing delivery of at least 2 software products
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration experience
- “T” type skills – Deep in one area of the technology stack and wide in others
- Well versed with Kubernetes, Kafka, micro-services and cloud native technologies
- Detail-oriented coupled with the ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
Global Investment and Corporate Banking (GICB) Technology delivers solutions for multiple businesses; namely GIB (Global Investment Banking), GCB (Global Corporate Banking) & Payments Sales. GIB works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, providing comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. GCB manages the firm’s relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Payments Sales delivers cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card and escrow solutions that resolve the working capital and efficiency challenges treasury professionals face today.
The GICB CRM technology team is spread across London, Glasgow and Bangalore and aims to provide our Banking and Sales teams with the latest insights and intelligence to serve our clients well and work with efficiency. The team partners with our product organization, data science group and mobile centre of excellence to deliver multi-channel value add solutions using modern engineering practices.