Legal Entity Credit Risk Reporting - Associate
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
The candidate will be based in Bournemouth and will report to the Bournemouth Legal Entity Credit Risk Reporting Lead. Responsibilities include monitoring and reporting risks at the legal entity level. The position requires interactions with Credit Risk Management, regional Legal Entity Risk Reporting teams and internal/external audit/regulatory functions. The role provides exposure across all risk stripes and key responsibilities are as follows:
- Production and substantiation of a varied range of monthly and quarterly credit risk or cross risk reports. There is a critical need to focus on ensuring risk reporting is comprehensive, timely, and accurate so that all levels of risk management can use it to understand and manage the business in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform independent review of the reports prior to distribution, ensuring reasonableness and integrity of risk information.
- Preparation of dashboards and qualitative analysis to present risks in a succinct manner.
- Ensure consistency in practices and procedures around reporting of risks exposures across locations.
- Implement and run ad hoc portfolio analysis as requested by risk management
- Delivery of both tactical and strategic enhancements to underlying report production processes
- Implement and embed robust quality assurance control checks through the reporting process
- Assist in the development and standardization of Risk Reporting across LOBs (e.g. Corporate and Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Asset Management, Private Bank)
- Interact with risk reporting, risk management, finance and technology teams in other regions. Present to Senior Management and Legal Entity CROs to articulate key risks and trends.
- Leading regional/global projects and working groups.
- Relationship management with key senior management stakeholder and regulatory agencies.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to use analytical and visualisation tools such as Tableau and Alteryx is desirable
- Solid background in the development and use of Macro’s / VBA for automation (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving abilities
- Some product knowledge and / or experience of Wholesale Credit, Market, Country, or Liquidity risk is desirable
- Knowledge on risk control processes is desirable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels, across multiple locations
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with large amounts of data with a sense of ownership
- Degree or equivalent desirable
This role is based in our Bournemouth office with a hybrid working model - 3 days in office, 2 days from home.