Software Engineering - Market Risk - Executive Director
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Executive Director – Market Risk Technology
The Risk, Compliance and Controls (RCC) Technology team within Corporate Technology delivers a wide range of technology solutions to support the firm’s Risk Management functions (Credit Risk, Market Risk, Country Risk, Operational Risk, Reputational Risk), Compliance functions (Trade Surveillance, Financial Crimes, Electronic Communication, Employee Compliance), and Control functions (first and second line of defense controls). Market Risk within the risk domain is a critical firmwide function that manages all risks to the firm from market dynamics.
Market Risk Technology team is looking to hire an Executive Director to lead critical Market Risk functions to help accelerate our digital transformation (cloud enablement, microservices, agile transformation, UX design, M/L, and product operating model) of our complex suite of applications. Market Risk technology landscape is an exciting engineering space comprising of highly distributed compute with 30K+ compute nodes, billions of calculations, millions of trades, large scale Hadoop clusters with 100s of nodes, 6000+ daily data feeds etc.. The multi-year transformation journey that the team has embarked on makes the role even more interesting and challenging.
This role will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Deliver best in class technology solutions on modern tech stack adhering to the firm’s processes, controls, and data hygiene standards.
- Partner with the product owners in Market Risk to define and execute transformation roadmap onto Cloud, UX/UI uplift, use of ML for automation and process improvements, and adoption of Product operating model.
- Collaborate with technology and business partners across levels to enable teams deliver robust solutions at scale and speed.
- Build and nurture high performing global teams of Engineers, Architects, Agility Leads, and managers.
- Deeply experienced in building enterprise level solutions.
- Strong engineering skills in developing distributed systems, preferably as cloud native solutions.
- Expertise with Cloud and/or Big Data is highly desired.
- Strong leadership expertise in building and managing high performance engineering teams.
- Proven experience in working with and influencing senior business and technology partners in defining and advancing technology roadmap.
- Expertise in engineering practices like CI/CD, Agile, etc..
- Financial Industry experience is preferred but not required