CIB - Control Manager – Anti-Bribery & Corruption Risks Associate - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Control Design & Expertise, Risks & Controls Identification/Assessment, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The CIB Control Management organization is responsible, in partnership with the business to define and oversee the CIB control environment. With a key emphasis on ensuring the end-to-end control framework supports robust governance and systems that identify, quantify, manage and monitor risk at the appropriate level and establishes risk management tools and procedures in consultation with the relevant partners.
This role will assist in driving the implementation and sustainability of global CIB anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) across EMEA. This requires engagement and coordination with multiple stakeholder groups including CIB business units, other Lines of Business, and Compliance to deliver a robust ABC governance framework, underpinned by metrics and reporting that reviews regulatory change, industry patterns, external events, existing policies and standards.
- Maintain and help develop an effective ABC Risk Assessment framework – ability to work across business and control partners. Assist with monitoring the effectiveness of the framework and apply change where required
- Provide effective risk based analytics – ability to deliver deep, thoughtful analysis to identify ABC and operational risks
- Maintain Framework Procedures and Business Practices documents – ability to work across 1st and 2nd LoD to document and maintain effective processes, identify gaps and assist in the implementation of change in support of the global program
- Help develop an effective reporting framework – ability to work across Compliance, business and control partners to implement an effective reporting framework. Monitor the effectiveness of the framework and apply change regionally where required
- Maintain effective governance – in partnership with control managers maintain robust escalation framework, deliver appropriate messaging to senior management
- Assist with the provision of Operational Risk advice to control managers – ability to conduct independent control design reviews as required to ensure control gaps are identified and managed appropriately
Candidate Requirements (Work, Education, Skills)
- Significant professional experience in a regulatory, risk, and/or control function
- Experience in delivering strong governance and oversight across line of business and risk disciplines
- Have a collaborative style, flexible and the ability to partner with other team members across global time zones
- Analytical thinker who is adept at reading across issues and identifying key drivers
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring to completion within established timeframes
- Excellent management skills, including ability to matrix manage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply including to senior management
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced, changing and demanding working environment
- BA (or equivalent) degree required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: particularly Excel & PowerPoint