Market Risk Basel Group - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Market Risk Basel Group is seeking an associate professional in the MRBG Line-of-Business (LOB) team looking after Market Risk Regulatory Capital and future regulatory framework (Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB)) for the Global Equities business. The individual will also be involved in the Strategic infrastructure and Data Science initiatives to modernize VaR and Capital production and oversight process. The associate will ensure that Basel 2.5 and the FRTB framework are properly implemented and maintained at the Firm and Legal Entity levels. The successful candidate will need to effectively partner across Market Risk Management, Market Risk Technology, Quantitative Research, Data Science partner groups and other functional teams.
- Oversight of Risk Management VaR and regulatory Market Risk Capital measures including VaR, Stressed VaR, Stress based capital and other modeled and standardized capital measures, including FRTB;
- Provide expertise and governance on the regulatory capital rules to Risk, Finance and Front Office business-aligned teams;
- Drive and support market risk capital data and infrastructure initiatives across partner teams in Market Risk, QR, Product Control, Technology, the Business and Data Science partner groups;
- Implement and oversee end-to-end controls of the capital measures by partnering with key stakeholders;
- Support the implementation of FRTB.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines;
- Good project management skills; ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively;
- Experience in one or more asset classes in a Market Risk or similar capacity a plus;
- Strong data science background and/or python skills a plus;
- Strong process and control mindset a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters/MBA a plus.