Software Engineer - Credit Risk Technology
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are seeking a full stack developer to build and contribute multiple components of the Intraday Risk Reporting platform. The role comes at an exciting time of technology uplift and transformation as we look to leverage Big Data technologies and transform the existing risk reporting infrastructure and retire legacy technologies while meeting the stakeholder’s business and regulatory objectives. The Core Credit Risk platform has over 5,000 users in JPMorgan’s Wholesale Bank, including the Investment Bank, TSS, Asset Management and the Commercial Bank.
The core responsibilities for the role include:
- Partner with key stakeholders across Credit Risk Reporting, Middle Office, and Controller groups to gather key business requirements and build applications that meet functional needs.
- Conduct functional analysis of requirements to assess feasibility of various implementation approaches
- Leverage appropriate tools to develop, test and deploy on a frequent basis following Agile principles wherever possible and be the evangelist of best practices
- Partner with other Software Engineer Leads in other teams and other locations where appropriate to ensure continuous engagement during SDLC cycle.
- Effectively communicate the implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and documentation
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- A technical degree (preferably computer science)
- Professional experience in building Java Enterprise applications
- Demonstrable experience with Spring Framework (SpringBoot preferred)
- Experience in creating Restful web services
- Experience of working with RDBMS’s (preferably Oracle)
- Quality driven attitude, strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration, and system testing
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Experience in practicing Agile & Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Experience in Big Data development and software design
- Experience with Kafka and streaming technologies
- Experience with Git/BitBucket
- Understanding of Risk Management and Credit Risk is a plus