UK Chase Credit Risk Analytics - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
The International Consumer Business (ICB) Credit Strategy function is responsible for managing credit losses and credit exposure through the customer lifecycle, in line with risk appetite, across all ICB borrowing products. The team is expanding as we gear up to launch our first ICB Borrowing product; with work continuing at pace thereafter, with new products, features, channels, markets and customer segments being launched.
This exciting and critical position will support developing credit strategy and capabilities across the customer lifecycle; from lending criteria for granting credit to customer management exposure control for revolving borrowing products in the UK, ensuring robust credit controls are in place.
The successful candidate will report into the lead for Credit Strategy; who reports into the Credit Officer for ICB who oversees the ICB Credit Risk organisation. The ICB Credit Risk team is structured under three core functions; one function being Credit Strategy; the other two functions covering Portfolio Management and Oversight & Assurance Team.
This an excellent opportunity for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment where strong analytical skills are required.
- Perform in-depth analysis, including default rate analysis, to develop optimal credit risk strategies (including rules, cutoffs, policies, strategy data mapping, strategy and procedure documentation etc.)
- Drive deep-dive analytics on credit strategy effectiveness and partner with the Modelling team to enhance economic logic that supports core risk management decisions
- Actively participate at Credit Forum and Risk Committees as required by ICB and Firmwide Governance and Risk Management Framework; plus regulatory updates
- Ensure all credit strategy implementation is assessed and delivered according to relevant Change Governance, and that requirements are collated, documented and well understood by all delivery partners, including ways to monitor the new process to ensure they work as intended
- Work with data platform teams to ensure availability of key data to support credit strategy evaluation, optimisation and process management
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Degree level education
- Advanced PC Skills, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel (graphs, charts, formulas etc.)
- Few years of experience in Credit Risk Consumer Lending Business
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to clearly present analytical findings and make business recommendations via the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Able to work effectively in agile environments, delivering value whilst managing fast paced change
- Evidence of initiative, productivity and teamwork
- Prior experience in strategy / policy role
- Well versed in developing new ideas and process re-engineering
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Experience of how to perform data extraction, manipulation and analysis in a programming language (such as SQL, R, Python, SAS, Java, C#).