Java Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As Senior Developer for the Financial Transaction Processing System (FTPS) ecosystem you will be responsible for the design, implementation and deploy the FTPS micro services in public cloud.
As Senior Developer you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative platform services through solid engineering practices. With your deep knowledge of design, development, testing, and platform integration combined with your commercial mind set and experience of forging strong stakeholder relationships and fostering joint accountability for end-to-end delivery, you will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your passion and experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
In addition to creating platform services with your in-house team, you will also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You will work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Mastery of Java (8 and above) Spring and Microservices architecture.
- Hands on AWS experience .
- Track record of designing, delivering and integrating cloud platform services in partnership with a wide range of technical stakeholders
- A commercial mind set and experience of making pragmatic choices around delivery sequencing in order to realize platform value
- Tenacity in avoiding/resolving/removing hurdles no matter where they arise in order to deliver and drive adoption of fit-for-purpose technology solutions
- Passion for building a common, opinionated platform to drive standardization and consistency across adopters
- Experience of managing the contention between standardization versus customization and identifying where variation is genuinely required as opposed to preferred for non-essential reasons
- Experience managing global teams, providing clarity of vision and priorities, and promoting common goals
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices