Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award-winning Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented designers. Located in the heart of Glasgow City Centre, our Glasgow Technology Centre is one of 2 strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan. Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting-edge technology.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Employee Experience Corporate Technology (EECT) Design Team in JPMC’s UX Center of Excellence is the space you will work and collaborate in. We are looking for a UI Developer to join our design team focused on enterprise systems to create a better experience for our global network of employees. The apps we support include dashboards, data visualization, and the management of project costs and teams.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Front End development experience using Angular; React; Bootstrap;
- Experience of developing performant and maintainable UI's in partnership with UI/UX design specialists
- Knowledge of UI Design Principles
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
It would be beneficial but not essential for you to bring:
- Knowledge of typescript
- Experience of mob programming / swarming
- Accessibility and web standards knowledge