JPM Payments - Virtual Solutions Product Development, VP (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Payments is among the world’s largest, most trusted and innovative full-service providers in one of the most dynamic and rapidly transforming spaces in financial services. In addition to providing international cash management, liquidity, commercial card, FX, escrow solutions, merchant services and trade finance, we continue to invest in future-growth initiatives, such as blockchain, AI & ML, as well as form partnerships with rising fintechs to expand our client base and product offerings.
Boasting more than 135,000 clients in over 180 countries, J.P. Morgan Payments offers specialized solutions that provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardized solutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform, integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable J.P. Morgan Payments to deliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are across the world.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
J.P. Morgan Payments Liquidity & AccountSolutions is looking for an ambitious self-starter to help join a dynamic new team, with the objective of driving the global business development agenda of solutions for e-commerce and platform clients. This is a high visibility, high impact role that presents the opportunity to collaborate day-to-day with stakeholders across multiple disciplines to execute on a range of strategic growth priorities and bring to market new and innovative client solutions, against the backdrop of advances in technology, evolving regulations, new payment methods, fintech competition, and accelerating adoption of eCommerce and digital platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking market analysis and defining Virtual Solutions product requirements. They will partner with sales and technology development teams, and will be tasked with gaining support for new initiatives from our legal, risk, compliance and finance business partners.
The position represents an excellent opportunity to:
- Engage with senior leaders in Liquidity & Account Solutions and the Payments organization
- Shape our client value proposition & help bring to market new, innovative solutions
- Assess opportunities to accelerate business growth organically, inorganically or via partnerships
- Deepen knowledge of industry, competitor (bank, fintech and tech) and regulatory trends
- Understand the role of the business in working capital/liquidity management for clients and the firm
- Hone strategic, problem solving, creativity, communication and leadership skills
Qualifications / Experience
- Must be able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience in strategy, business development, innovation, research or banking
- Financial services expertise required, treasury, liquidity and/or payments knowledge preferred
- Track record of success operating in a fast-paced, results-driven and cross-functional environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across technical, non-technical and financial topics
- Rigorous, logical thinker with ability to identify and articulate rationale, assumptions and risks
- Strong end-to-end problem solving skills (from problem definition to recommendation development)
- Proven ability to partner with and influence a wide range of stakeholders and senior management
- Excellent time-management and organization skills, including ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Fortitude and creativity to find a way forward when faced with unexpected challenges
- Experience identifying and putting in place controls to mitigate risks
- Fluency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree in a business or technical field preferred
Position is based in London, with flexibility for occasional travel. The right candidate is likely to have experience working in strategy, business development, innovation or product development within a fintech, bank, big tech or strategy consulting firm.