GTI Data Architecture Governance - Project Execution
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the technology project and programs you manage—will thrive.
As an experienced professional in project execution, you thrive at managing complex technology programs that have far-reaching implications for clients, employees and stakeholders throughout the firm. This role requires a strong grasp of the big-picture – namely, how can technology help achieve business goals – as well as a keen ability to establish priorities, manage resources, and build and incentivize high-performing teams.
You'll work closely with colleagues across Global Technology Infrastructure to identify opportunities to baseline architecture and infrastructure data and information maturity. Once you and your team establish a baseline of maturity and a target state, you'll play an integral role in ensuring that the work is running within agreed timeframes, and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture. Just as importantly, you'll work with your team to set goals, foster collaboration and promote the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
This position is Global Technology Infrastructure in scope and will require significant collaboration, influence, and leadership across the technology organizations. You will facilitate and manage data maturity programs that support our global technology vision.
You’ll be able to innovate in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology and data community, as well as in partnership with of the most important tech firms in the world. In this role, you will always have interesting, fascinating work and be part of a great team.
Once your onboarding is complete, you will have the following regular tasks:
- Analyse, document, manage in collaboration with the product owner, and report on for each workstream:
- baseline and progress towards the target state
- delivery schedules
- risks and blockers
- objectives and priorities
- stakeholders and their priorities
- escalation requests
- impacts and outcomes
- opportunities, for example, partnerships, programmes for alignment, communications
- Recommend redeployment of people and resources as priorities change
- Present stories about the team's progress
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge in how business processes work across organisations.
- Understanding of industry standards or business project and program management standards and methods
- Experience working with high-performing teams in complex program execution
- A strong understanding of waterfall and agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
- Demonstrable influencing skills that can create a culture of change, excellence and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent implementation
- Creating effective partnerships, cooperating with clients, leaders across our business, and application architects
- Participating developing proposals that consider the alternatives and business case, which work effectively across departmental organizations gaining the consensus of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills, including ability to negotiate compromise and demonstrate diplomacy in sensitive situations as well as interact effectively with peers and management across diverse cultures and fast-pace environment
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.