Reference Data Java Developer
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
The Reference Data Technology Data Distribution team (part of the Corporate Technology organization) provides reference data delivery solutions using advanced messaging solutions and frameworks, supporting the entre firm by delivering Client, Account, Document, Instrument, Pricing and Core Reference data.
The role will be developing the future state reference data technology platform for the bank. Candidates will be expected to possess and demonstrate good knowledge of and skills with Java, Spring, Springboot. The role will also involve working with ElasticSearch, Nosql databases such as MongoDB, as well as Apache Kafka.
The role will involve designing components for an AWS-native future state. Experience of AWS would be an advantage, but again training and certification would be provided if required.
The role involves working closely with other team members, analysts and clients globally to deliver software to strict deadlines with high quality.
- Java Key APIs are: JMS, JUnit and JDBC
- Good fundamentals in data structures, caching, multithreading, messaging and asynchronous communication
- Spring framework and Spring Boot
- NoSQL - MongoDB & ElasticSearch
- Apache Kafka
- RDBMS/SQL (Oracle, Postgres, or any RDBMS experience an advantage)
- RESTful web services development
- Development tools (Maven, Jenkins, Intellij)
- Familiarity with linux and knowledge of command line
- Git source control
- Education (where applicable): Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
A small element of third line support is expected with weekend support being performed on a rotation basis with other team members.