CB - Loan Servicing Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as Flexible Work Arrangements with periodic work from home and non-standard business hours, fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
- Implement an effective Operational Risk framework - ability to work across business and control partners to maintain an effective controls framework.
- Maintain effective governance - in partnership with the Control Managers, maintain robust escalation framework, deliver appropriate messaging to senior management, and manage the Exception Management team.
- Represent WLS Working Groups - ability to lead meetings or speak on behalf of Exception Management in various working groups on matters related to operational risk events, Control Committee reporting, and governance.
- Develop and implement effective Operational Risk analytics - ability to deliver deep, thoughtful analysis to identify risk levels and measure the overall health of the WLS portfolio.
- Provide Operational Risk advice to senior management - ability to conduct independent reviews, as required, to ensure common control gaps are identified and managed appropriately. Draft reports to alert management to emerging risks, key themes, and new developments.
- Maintain Operational Risk Standards & Procedures - ability to work across business and control partners to maintain effect processes, identify gaps, and lead the implementation of change
- Reporting - Create and deliver executive communications, status reporting, and metrics
Key Skills And Qualifications
- Professional experience in regulatory, risk, and/or control function, ideally coupled with business management experience
- Experience delivering strong governance and oversight across line of business and risk disciplines
- Track record in transforming business aligned risk and/or control reporting and analytics
- Analytical thinker who is adept at reading across issues and identifying key drivers
- Confident leader with good judgment, maturity, and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
- Ability to influence outcomes and get the best from people, even where no direct line management responsibility exists
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and bring tasks to completion within established timeframes
- Have a collaborative style, be flexible, and have an ability to partner with other team members across global time zones
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply
- proficient in developing PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in developing metrics
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- High attention to detail
- Energetic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced, changing, and demanding working environment
- Education: Minimum undergraduate degree from an accredited university, preferably majoring in accounting, finance, economics, or mathematics. Related job and industry experience may be accepted as a substitute
- Financial services experience, with bank loan experience
- Intermediate accounting knowledge
- Ability to manage concurrent assignments in an effective, efficient, and organized manner
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal/client servicing skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and proven decision-making skills
- Experience with reading and interpreting loan documentation or related experience dealing with legal documentation is preferred