Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role will require you to partner closely with product owners, project managers, vendors and internal teams to design and implement varying data center technology and infrastructure solutions. This includes structured cabling design, datacenter design and infrastructure deployments, scalable technology hardware platforms, and more. You will also collaborate with internal development teams to design and enhance key deployment and monitoring tools, including data analysis and telemetry. The ideal candidate will also have experience overseeing and/or working closely with external design consultants including scoping of work, directing development of technical design documentation, and management of design / bid processes.
Enter in Qualifications Section:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
- Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
- Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
- Proficient in one of programming languages (Java, PERL, Python)
- Experience with datacenter planning and design (new, colocation and retrofit / refurbishment)
- Experience and practical working technical knowledge of Structured Cabling systems and design principles and architectures required. BICSI RCDD certification is highly preferred. Candidates with similar technical certifications and/or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with RIBA Plan of Work and stage boundaries is desired.