CIB – Global Corporate Banking - UK & Ireland Corporates - Analyst - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About Global Corporate Bank
The Global Corporate Bank manages J.P. Morgan's overall relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and help them to grow. We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Clients benefit from dedicated coverage provided by experienced corporate bankers, who deliver the firm's extensive product platform and presence in more than 60 countries worldwide. We leverage the capital strength of JPMorgan Chase and extend credit to help clients grow their business.
As a central part of the firm's plans to further expand its successful international banking franchise, the Global Corporate Bank offers exciting opportunities as a place to work.
We are currently seeking to recruit for an Analyst to support our UK & Ireland Global Corporate Banking team.
The Analyst will work with Senior GCB Bankers in the UK and Ireland coverage team, assisting them with the development and management of client relationships (business intelligence, marketing and execution).
The Analyst will work with Managing Directors, Executive Directors, Vice Presidents and Associates, assisting them with all client activities (marketing, execution and on-going relationship management). The analyst will assume responsibility for managing internal processes for deal executions, internal approvals, business aspects of regulatory reporting and ongoing management of client relationship. Specifically you’ll have the chance to:
- Assist Corporate Bankers in managing existing client relationships and developing new client base
- Prepare internal approval documents such as credit memos and balance sheet committee models
- Help with industry and credit analysis (review financial statements, listen to and summarize investor presentations, and support credit approval and documentation process)
- Conduct industry and company research
- Maintain internal reports including deal tracking, pipeline reports, and balance sheet memos
- Assist in the preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials to help generate new revenue
- Assist Corporate Bankers in maintaining robust risks and controls, including Know Your Customer (KYC), AML reviews and Compliance obligations
- Help with projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree or similar with outstanding academic credentials and/or have completed a Banking Apprenticeship program
- High level of motivation, dependability, intelligence & a team player
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically Excel based modelling and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills including PowerPoint and Excel based modelling
- Familiarity with JP Morgan processes and products
- Proficiency with research tools including Bloomberg
- Existing experience in either Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Credit would be helpful
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Clients turn to our industry-leading Markets, Sales and Research team to offer clients unique market insights on sectors and companies, and actionable ideas using research to make well-informed investment decisions. Teams understand products across asset classes and help clients structure solutions that manage risk, enhance yield and solve complex financial problems.