Private Bank – Operations Governance and Oversight - Associate
Job Type: Full time
Investment Operations is recruiting for an Associate level candidate to join their Core Operations team based in Edinburgh in charge of the Document Servicing and Reconciliation processes Oversight and Governance.
Investment Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of what we do. The focus of this role is to transformation our organization. This is a new team that will be responsible for service, transactional activity and implementing changes with a process engineering mindset. The team has access to a series of transformation drivers and will help lead the modernization of the activities within the group. The role requires a focus on the client experience, risk management and the drive to build a new team.
- Partner with colleagues based in Geneva, India and Manila to implement the oversight and governance framework for the document servicing and reconciliation activities
- Daily review and act as escalation contact for the Private Bank’s cash and stock breaks
- Own and maintain the team’s procedures
- Partner with Risk and Control teams, internal and external auditors to provide evidence of the controls and daily activity
- Become a subject matter expert on the processes managed by the Document Servicing and Reconciliation teams
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties to answer queries and resolve issues linked to the lifecycle of documentation servicing and reconciliation.
- Understand, identify and control the risk inherent to operational activity and put in place improvement measures.
- Manage and escalate production-related issues, ensuring continuity of service while simultaneously managing effective resolution with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate across teams to leverage expertise, products, and services.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment that supports growth and development.
- Exercise sound judgment; act with integrity; protect our company, clients, and customers.
- Relevant experience an Operations team, being accountable for the daily activities and subject matter expertise is essential.
- Experience of managing stakeholders, building relationships, and supporting them towards achieving the expected outcomes.
- Be action and outcome driven to deliver within the given timeframes while dealing with conflicting agenda.
- Expert critical thinking and decision-making skills based upon fact and business/ industry knowledge.
- Self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Flexible and proactive approach, with the ability to adapt to business change.
- Strong risk and control mind-set.
In addition to the above, we are most interested in what makes you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests, and achievements beyond academia/work that demonstrate the kind of person you are, and what you would bring to the team.